User Experience Diary
What do people do over-time?
User experience diary to find out what drives user behaviour over-time.
It reduces the cost of running tradition focus groups or face to face user experience interviews.
Find out what drives user behaviour and decision making during different times of the day and week.
Setup usage scenarios and tasks to provide feedback on ideas, concepts and interaction design.
You can manage participants, topics, scheduling and download transcript reports & images when needed.
What is an online user experience diary?
A user experience diary is a way of running ideas and concepts by a selected group of people from any target audience to capture contextual insights, which help to define what will work and what won’t when defining the user expereince feature requirements.
Agile methods of testing using GroupQuality online user experience diary enables you to set tasks for individuals to complete over a particular time period. The objective of a user experience diary is to ascertain the needs and expectations when using technology to aid in the completion of a particular goal. You can ask a group of people from the user audience questions and present concepts and ideas for them to provide feedback on. From the user’s point of view, it is a one on one conversation over-time with the diary organiser or moderator. You can include topics which include wireframes, images where individuals click on an image based on a set of instructions included with the image. The combination of both visual input and qualitative data in the form of comments and diary entries provides both action and behavioural feedback
Why GroupQuality® user experience diary?
- Understand how people use a particular website or online service over time.
- Find out how people use social media in there decision making process.
- Build a picture of how people behave over-time using online and off-line products.
- Test and collect feedback on images, videos and written copy.
- Participants can complete the tasks over time from a device which is convenient for them.
- Eliminate the cost of running tradition focus groups or face to face interviews.
- A user experience diary enables you to collect visual and written responses
- A launch pad for other activities such as surveys, video interviews or discussions.
- Document behaviour and opinions after accessing a websites or applications.
- Identify behaviour and motivation in response to questions and tasks.
- Collect feedback in the context of how people use a service in a real world environment.
- Task people to track the customer journey by documenting touch point experiences.
- It provides the option to ask follow-up questions if something is unclear.
Search diary transcripts and metrics for each participant.
GroupQuality’s real-time reporting makes it possible to follow the evolution of the participant diaries. You can select to monitor individuals, filter by key terms across all participants, or see the whole group as they respond to a particular topic.
- View and filter diary transcripts
- Word cloud filtering including stop words
- heat-map by individual or topic
- Poll response data by topic
- Search for keywords in transcripts
- View and download images and videos
- Download transcripts in csv or excel
- Download word clouds and Image-hotspot™
What can a GroupQuality® online user experience diary be used for?
The user experience diary is created using the GroupQuality discussion software and enables you to manage, moderate and report on multiple diary participants from the same dashboard. There are many uses for the diary method and its strength is its flexibility, usability and speed of deployment.
Some of of its uses:
- Understand user behaviour over-time
- Website prototyping feedback
- Concept and design Testing
- Customer journey documenting
- Record product experience usage
- Digital advertising testing
- User expereince co-creation
- Identify habits at times in the day
- Verify and validate ideas
- Track both physical & virtual uses